Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years in Florida

Well, today I reached the magic age of 65, eventhough I feel like 40 "in my mind". Laura and I had a wonderful Christmas enjoying a great Christmas evening service at our wonderful home church in Amador County, CA. Had any of my friends that don't know the Lord would have been present they would have never been able to say "I never had the opportunity to accept Jesus as my personal savior". It was a simple, yet sophisticated presentation of the simple Gospel of Jesus the Christ. I think pastor Mark and Pastor Dan practiced it together prior to the service, but know very well that they did not. They simply spoke that which they knew to be true. Someday, I would like to take a road trip with all three of them with the "soul" purpose of presenting the gospel to stragers.
Today, Laura and I are in Florida enjoying 5 of our 9 grandchildren. The weather outside is sunny and warm expecting about 75 degrees. My 9 year old granddaughter Sarah fixed me my favorite pancakes. Before leaving CA, we spent Christmas day with my son and his family, Sandi and our other four grandsons.
God is wonderful and I love him and praise him daily. May God bless all of you during this coming year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home